My Family

My Family

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy And Dancing

Oh man.  When a baby begins walking many experienced parents and grandparents give you the "oh boy, be prepared to run!"  I didn't quite get this.  At twelve months old, Gabriel was slowly walking and was a perfect angle.  I thought I had lucked out with one of those nice, gentle, quiet babies.  How wrong I was.  It seems just these past weeks my gentle angle has turned into a energetic tornado.  He is into everything!  And while I'm cleaning up one mess, he is starting another.  And he is fast.  Turn you eyes for one moment and he's gone, wreaking havoc somewhere else.  Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad kid.  I'm just finally understanding what those oh so wise parents meant.  I am definitely running.

And as a family, we are busy.  Poor husband is working six days a week, 15-18 hour days getting the restaurant ready to open next week.  Not to mention we are in the process of moving.  And of course there are the normal summer activities...swim classes, birthday parties, doctor appointments, graduations.  It's all good of course.  I'm just trying very hard to keep it all together.  I am very happy.

Now here's some dancing.  Gabriel has learned a couple of new moves in addition to the dirty diaper bounce. Once he starts, you can't help but join him.  Mommy is proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment